Monday, January 21, 2013

Acne Treatment! Oxy 10 Vanishing Formula



I have always had an acne breakout now and then, and have been trying to eradicate the problem. Up until now I still have not found the 'perfect formula" for my skin care routine but I usually have some go-tos when it comes to making a pimple disappear.


The product I'm going to talk about today is Oxy 10 Vanishing Formula. With 10% benzoyl peroxide, it claims to be the 'maximum strength acne-pimple medication'. Benzoyl peroxide is a medication used to treat acne by reducing the amount of acne-causing bacteria and by causing the skin to dry and peel when it is applied to the skin.I usually go for this only when I need my breakouts to be controlled overnight as this lotion does have a strong formula.



The ointment is white and slightly grainy. Whenever I use this in the morning, I would dab a thin layer, after cleansing and moisturizing, on my affected area. Since the ointment is white, a thin layer makes it invisible on my skin.  At night before I go to bed, a thicker layer is used. No one will see my face with white blotches when I sleep anyways. :P

Normally smaller pimples disappear overnight, larger ones can take 3-5 days. Ones that are budding can be controlled and inhibited when the ointment is used regularly for several days.


Oxy has another product called "Oxy Cover", which is also an acne-pimple medication -- in flesh tone. Now you might wonder why I don't use Oxy Cover during the day instead? Oxy Cover just doesn't seem to work for me. The ointment color is too dark for my skin tone, and leaves my face looking patchy and flaky.


Even though Oxy 10 is able to control and heal my breakouts quite well within a relatively short period of time, there are also its flaws. A tingling sensation is triggered every time I put this on. This suggests that the ointment is too strong for my dry, sensitive skin. Some people might even suffer from swelling or redness due to irritation. Flaky skin and dark marks can also be caused.

Pros
Clears skin quickly
Controls acne-breakouts
Colorless when applied sparingly, evening it out to a thin layer

Cons
Can be irritating and causes reddening of skin
Dries skin (therefore requires extra moisturizing for skin)

Overall the product has been working well for me, and I would try out Oxy 5 to see if better results could be achieved.

Hope you find this useful!

Venna xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment